In South Africa we often associate the word “pancake” with thin, rolled-up crepes… so I guess we would call these crumpets? Who cares, they’re yummy, super filling, and fat free.
Ingredients (Serves 1, so double up if cooking for your amor):
- 1/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 2 Scoops Herbalife Formula 1
- 2 tbsp rolled oats
- 1/2 cup finely-chopped apple
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 2/3 tsp baking powder
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup milk of choice (or more, for thinner pancakes)
- For an (admittedly more delicious) ever-so-fatted option, add a Tbsp of coconut oil to the mix.
- 1 egg (optional) for extra protein
Simply mix dry; mix wet; combine the two. Get your best non-stick pan and coat with cooking spray, then drop in spoonfuls of pancake batter and cook over low-medium heat until cooked through.
Drizzle with honey and more cinnamon to serve.