The rest: Good News! (Rich Moms, hope you’re not still reading this….) – Like the Taylor Swift to the Miley Cyrus, so we have the Clean 15 to the Dirty Dozen.
The Clean 15
All the produce on “The Clean 15” bore little to no traces of pesticides, and is safe to consume in non-organic form. This list includes:
- sweet corn
- sweet peas
- kiwi fruit
- cantaloupe melon
- sweet potatoes
- sweet onions
Budget Tips for Pesticide-free Plebs
- Grow your own! See Herb Garden for some tips.
- Trawl local markets for organic produce. Often you can save money as well as support the little guy.
- Buy in season. See more about seasonal benefits here
- Trim the outer portions of food such as lettuce, cabbage and other leafy veg.
- Scrub apples etc. with a hard-bristled brush.
- When it comes to meat, trim the fat from meat, and fat and skin from poultry and fish, as residues of some pesticides concentrate in animal fat. Healthier for you too!
- Going Organic: What’s the big idea?
- The organic debate: Nutritious or Fictitious?
- Organic Shopping List