Blueberries: So good and good for you.. but derm, they may as well be call Burberrys! This cheat’s version uses blueberry yoghurt (contains real blueberries), so that you’re not shovelling away a buck a berry!
PS. If anyone knows where to get budget blueberries in SA, please let me know.
- 2 Scoops Herbalife Formula 1 Vanilla
- 100 ml milk/water (or less, for a thicker shake)
- 150 ml Blueberry yoghurt (make sure it’s made with real blueberries)
Top 10 Benefits of Blueberries
- Blueberries have the highest antioxidant capacity of all fresh fruit, with a plethora of vitamins and minerals.
- The little blue gems neutralize free radicals; hello anti-aging!
- Belly Fat Beware! Blueberries have been shown to reduce abdominal fat in rats. I’ll be a human study subject! All you can eat blueberries, yippee!
- Promotes health in your pee-hole and protects against UTIs.
- Anthocyanosides in blueberries slow down loss of vision.
- Blueberries also help with brain health, proven to heal damaged brain cells and keep the memory sharp.
- Heart health: dissolving “bad” cholesterol with antioxidants.
- Fibre; ’nuff said. (Keeps you regular, hee hee!)
- Compounds in blueberries are recommended for cancer patients.
- Contrary to their name, blueberries are actually very good anti-depressants!