You exercise and eat well, but you’re still tired of your tummy tyre… I can’t promise that the foods below will turn you into a spartan, but they can help burn that pesky belly fat.
1. Low-fat milk, low-fat yogurt, Swiss cheese
Secret belly-fat burner: Calcium
- Studies have revealed a strong link between high calcium intake and improved body composition.
- If your calcium is low, our body signals fat cells to hold onto fat, including your tummy tyre.
- Aim for three servings a day (tick off two if you are having two Herbalife shakes per day)
2. Oats, barley
Secret belly-fat burner: Fibre
- Try barley instead of white rice for extra fibre; in a study of two groups of people on a diet, the group that ate whole-grain foods lost more abdominal fat.
- Get at least three servings of whole-grain foods a day. Oatmeal and barley are particularly good choices because they’re rich in soluble fibre and don’t typically raise blood sugar as much as white or brown rice.
3. Green tea
Secret belly-fat burner: Catechins
Try: Herbalife Tea Concentrate or Green Tea
- Herbalife Tea and Green tea contain antioxidants that fight cancer and heart disease.
- Catechins increase metabolism and the rate at which the liver burns fat.
Secret belly-fat burner: Protein
- Your body uses more calories to break down protein food than it does to break down other foods.
- Protein also helps you keep muscle mass as you’re losing weight, and muscle burns more calories than fat.
- Protein dampens hunger better than carbs.
- It’s especially important to include protein at breakfast. Luckily, Herbalife Formula 1 does it for you in a convenient shake.
5. Walnuts, almonds, avocado
Secret belly-fat burner: “Good” Fats
- Nuts, gator pears and other healthy fats can be a waist-friendly addition to your diet, as long as you don’t go overboard.
- They contain fibre, their protein, and their “good” fat, which may increase the body’s sensitivity to insulin, aiding weight loss.
- The best nuts are walnuts (omega 3) and almonds (calcium).
Secret belly-fat burner: Omega-3s
- Getting more omega-3 fatty acids could be just what the diet doctor ordered, as omega-3 fatty acids have been shown to reduce fat mass.
- Omega-3 fatty acids make you feel less hungry and more satisfied,
- Salmon and other oily fish are a good source of omegas, but it’s difficult to get enough servings as we need. Most of us need to supplement, so try Herbalifeline to get the goods.
Secret belly-fat burner: Anthocyanins
Try: Herbalife Formula 1 blended with frozen or fresh blueberries.
- Anthocyanins—phytonutrients in blueberries—may have an effect on genes that regulate fat metabolism, say researchers.
- They suggest that one cup of blueberries a day may do the trick.