Sometimes I feel like my stomach is like the fuel price: no matter how much you put in it never seems to fill the tank!
There are a couple of snacks, however, that can satisfy a pesky rumble in the intestinal jungle better than others. It seems the trick is to seek high protein, high fibre foods with healthy fats.
1. My Herbalife Formula 1: With the perfect balance of carbs, protein, fibre, macro- and micro- nutrients, I find
the shake really helps when my body has “that hunger” that doesn’t quite know exactly what it needs to satisfy itself. Plus low calorie = no guilt
2. Vegetate: vegetables are super low in calories, and the natural fibre will help you stay fuller for longer. To really satiate the stomach, add some protein to your veggie snacks by dipping them in hummus or low fat cottage cheese
3, Oatmeal: This high fibre grain is a superior hunger buster. I add a scoop of Herbalife Formula 1 for extra protein and vitamins.
4. Prune that sweet tooth: If your teeth need to sink into something sweet, try snack on a handful of prunes. They are full of antioxidants and are high in fibre.
5. Popcorn: A movie must – loaded with fibre and low in calories.
6. Herbalife protein bar: Perfect for a chocolate craving. 10g protein for the win!
7. The humble apple: Apples are high in pectin, a fibre that keeps you full. And so frikken portable and convenient. Grapes and berries are also brilliant tank-fuelling fruit options. Try an apple with peanut butter for a dose of healthy fats and protein. You can also try baking your apple in the microwave and serve with cinnamon and honey
8. Yoghurt and granola/nuts/fruit : Yoghurt for protein, with granola and nuts for a dose of healthy fats and fibre and antioxidant packed fruit.
9. Go nuts: healthy fats, protein and fibre all wrapped up in little crunchy bundles of deliciousness. Best nutty options? Pistachios, almonds, pecans, mixed seeds… throw in some dried cranberries, prunes, and you have yourself a trail mix.
10. Wholewheat, low fat, sugar free muffins and other bakes. Fresh out the oven is first prize!
Here are some recipes to try:
- Yes, you pe-can low fat, sugar free muffins
- Super Seedy Bars
- Sugar Free PB Cookies
- Low Fat Lemon Yoghurt Petit Fives
- No Bake Bite-Me Bars
- Low Fat Bananabread
- Yin Yang Date My Balls
- Pecan and Persimmon Muffins
- No Bake Bite-Me Bars