Balance can taste amazing. And it can be packed with protein, fibre, and healthy fats. Did I mention that these little gems are also naturally sweetened, gluten free, lactose free, vegan, AND raw? Hippy checklist covered!
10 minutes to make. Kapish.
- 1/2 Herbalife Formula 1 Vanilla/ Cookies and Cream/ Chocolate
- 2 cups pitted dates
- 1/4 cup warm water
- 3/4 cup oats
- 1 cup coconut flakes (I omitted these in my version. Sadly can’t abide coconut!)
- 1/4 cup sesame seeds (black and white for yin and yang balance)
- 1/4 cup sunflower seeds and/or pumpkin seeds
- 1/4 cup chopped almonds/other nuts (optional)
Place your dates and warm water in a food processor and blend until smooth. Scoop the creamy, sweet dates into a bowl and add the remaining ingredients (except the sesame seeds). Judge the texture – if too dry, add more water; if too soggy, add more oats.
Shape the mixture into balls and roll in the sesame seeds. I initially tried to make a perfect little yinny-yang but rolling half in the black sesame seeds, and the other half in the white sesame seeds. I lost patience after three, so ended up mixing the two. Please let me know if you manage to perfect the the yin-yang rolling technique!
You can pop them in your mouth right away, or leave them to set in the fridge or freezer. If you manage to leave any un-popped, store in the fridge.