Bananabread is the easiest healthy bake out there – almost impossible to make a monkey mess of. It’s dry? Dip it in some egg and make bananabread french toast or bread and butter pudding.. Too mushy? There’s no such thing.
High fibre, low fat, refined sugar free, source of protein, say no more. Plus, I found a new
sucker helper to peel the piddly pecans.
In fact, healthy bananabread is so easy to make that I forgot to write down the exact ingredients, so please bear with me and feel free to adapt.
- 3 large really vrot blackened bananas, mushed (about a cup’s worth)
- 1/2 cup Herbalife Formula 1 Vanilla, Cookies and Cream, Chocolate, Strawberry or Personalised protein powder (to up the protein an nutritional content)
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 2 eggs
- 1 Tsp Vanilla Extract
- Optional add ins – cinnamon, pecans, walnuts, raisins.
- 2 Tsbp milk of choice
Grease a loaf tin (or make banana muffins – just cook them for a shorter time), and set the oven to 180. Mix wet, mix dry, then combine the two. Throw in the oven for about 50 min, or until a toothpick comes out clean.
You can freeze bananabread, keep it at room temp for about 3 days, or in the fridge for a week or so.
And yes, spell check, I do like to spell it as one word: “bananabreadbananabreadbananabread” 😛