Step 1. Filch your man’s beer from the fridge – just one can, he’ll thank you for it later.
Step 2. Mix 6 ingredients
Step 3. Fresh, warm goodness straight from the oven to your mouth.
Doesn’t sound like a bread recipe, does it?
Yeast. Kneading. Ugh, let’s just leave the “ea” phonic out of the recipe altogether.
- 3 cups flour (all-purpose, whole wheat, I haven’t tried gluten free – let me know if it works!)
- 1 can beer (the flavour of the bread will depend on the beer you use/the kind your man drinks).
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup softened butter
- 1 Tb… omw, thank goodness I was blogging while baking! As I was typing, I realised that I did not add 1 Tbsp baking powder to my bread! Quickly whipped it out the oven for some post-operative mixing in the bread tin.
- 1 Tsp salt
- 1 Tbsp baking powder (just in case you forgot it the first time)
– Feel free to add in herbs, cheese, seeds, olives or any array of fancy things your mouth desires!
So easy to make – simply mix all dry ingredients, then add wet ingreidents and mix until combined. Bake for about an hour at 180°.
Step 4. Impress your man
Serving suggestion: Toasted with peanut butter.