Ingredients (makes 4 servings, simply scale down for your desired portion)
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 3/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup good olive oil
- 4 ripe avocados
- 2 large red grapefruits
- Rocket/mint/coriander from your herb garden
Why did the grapefruit blush?
It saw the salad dressing: mustard, lemon juice, salt, pepper, and olive oil (slowly whhisk in the olive oil to emulsify the vinaigrette.
Cut each gator pear into 8 thick slices, and toss the slices in the vinaigrette so that they don’t go brown. Peel the grapefruits with a knife, removing all the pith, then cut between the membranes to release the segments.
Arrange gator pear and grapefruit on a platter, and spoon the vinaigrette on top.
Seasonal serve, coming right up.