It’s that time of year when Gator Pears abound – you can buy a whole pocket of ‘vos for the price that one single cost you a few months ago, gator pear trucks and vendors seem to pop up everywhere, and winter seems all the more bearable due to these plentiful green gems.
With Monday looming and rushed weekday gastronomy probably the last thing on your mind, here’s a 15 minute weeknight recipe to give you something to look forward to:
Gator Pear Weeknight Delight
Minimal Ingredients (Makes two servings)
- 1 Gator Pear
- Juice of 1/2 – 1 whole lemon (plus zest for garnishing). I used another “lime” from the garden, like the one in my hummus… come on lemon tree!
- 1 Tbsp. good quality olive oil
- 1/4 cup basil or coriander from your very own herb garden
- 1 -3 cloves garlic (depending on your relationship status)
- Salt, black pepper, and chilli flakes to taste
- Pasta of your choice (I like linguine, soba noodles, buckwheat noodles, or a mixture of all three
Put your pasta on the boil, and cook until al dente or mush. Meanwhile, blend the gator, olive oil lemon, ‘erbs, garlic, and seasoning. Mix pasta and the creamy sauce you have just created in t-minus 5 minutes. Garnish with herbs, lemon zest, and more black pepper and chilli flakes. Et Voila, it’s dinner time!
I also thought of adding sundried tomatos, but didn’t want to overpower the other flavours.
Eat and experiment to you heart’s content – let me know if you find any winning combinations!